Sunday 20 April 2014

Learning to Crochet





When I was pregnant with my daughter Sarah the desire to create something warm and comforting was born as well.  I tried my first attempt at a crochet baby blanket based on a very simple pattern I found on the Internet.  My first blanket was, well its wasn't the greatest, but my daughter still uses it with her dolls so it served a purpose as well as taught me the importance of using the correct weight yarn for the project you are making!

My second attempt was much more successful and I even made a smaller matching blanket specifically for my daughter's dolls.





My next crochet project was a bit more adventurous.  A granny square blanket made from 180 granny squares in shades of blue.  I was very proud of how well this turned out.  Unfortunately this blanket too met a nasty end with a certain little furry creature.  Lets just say that its very fortunate for Bunbun that she's cute or I'm not sure I would have forgiven this.  I've taken the blanket apart and there are about 20 squares that have met their end.  Haven't sewn it back together yet...  but I will.

Other than baby blankets for expecting friends I haven't crochet much till this winter when I tried my hand at different styles of scarves and gloves to give to friends for Christmas presents.  I enjoyed learning different and more complicated crochet patterns and still have a lot to learn.  Lets see where it takes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment