Sunday 20 April 2014

KCakes

A while ago I was trying to figure out what type of work I could do and still be available for my daughter after school and on holidays.  I've been a stay at home mom since Sarah was born and I wanted to be able to still give my only child as much attention as possible, while helping to bring in some income to my family.

I've always enjoyed being creative and have dabbled in many things from pottery to stained glass, baking to crochet.  One day a friend suggested we get together and try our hands at fondant and cake decorating.  Although my first attempts at the medium were very basic and not so well executed I really enjoyed it.

My first attempt at the art of fondant cakes!




My love of all things sweet, and the fun I had making the cake, put in my mind the idea of doing cakes to order.  Being very luck to be surrounded by wonderfully supportive friends and family I found that once I mentioned the idea of making cakes I started to receive requests for birthdays and extra special occasions.







As my confidence has grown I have found great pleasure in creating cakes that I know my loved ones will enjoy and feel happy to share!


I'm now at the stage where I am starting to set-up a proper business and see if I can make a living at something I love to do.  Please check out my cakes at my website www.kcakes.ie and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment